2013 Battle of the Bands
96.9 The Rock & Waugh Enterprises Harley Davidson
Contest Info & Rules
Event Date: Saturday, July 20, 2013
Location: Waugh Enterprises Harley Davidson in Orange
Grand Prize: $500 Cash
- Band entries will be accepted between May 18 and June 14, 2013
Bands must submit below entry info at 969therock.com:
- Band Name
- Band Bio
- Band Photo
- Band Contact Name, Phone Number and Email Address
- Band Performance Video or Audio
- Contestants must be at least 16 years of age upon event date (Saturday, July 20) & must be able to provide legal identification for verification purposes. Contestants under 18 must submit parental consent along with their bands entry submission.
- All contestants must present proper photo ID & sign a waiver that confirms their personal information & confirms their amateur status (not signed to a recording/production contract). If a contestant/band is ruled ineligible before, during or after the event, the band will also forfeit any prize he or she may have won to that point in the competition.
- Previous 96.9 The Rock Battle of the Bands winners are restricted from competing again for a 96.9 The Rock Battle of the Bands competition.
- General Star Radio Group contest rules also apply.
- Contestants will be judged throughout this competition based on stage presence, vocal ability, showmanship and originality.
- All judges’ decisions are final & not subject to change unless a registered contestant is found to have violated the Battle of the Bands 2013 contest rules. 96.9 The Rock furthermore retains the right to change said contest rules without prior notification, but will post revised contest rules online at www.969therock.com. All contestant penalty or elimination decisions will be made by The Star Radio Group Promotions Director.
- Band entry submissions (as detailed above) will serve as an entrants audition.
All entry submissions will be judged by a panel of judges on Monday, June 25, 2013 and five (5) finalist Bands selected.
- Judging will be based on a band’s Stage Presence, Showmanship, Originality, Vocal Ability and Online Voting Results.
- Five (5) finalist bands will be announced during “Brady In The Morning” on 96.9 The Rock between 5a-9a on Monday, July 1, 2013.
- Finalists will also be notified by email or phone on Monday, July 1, 2013.
Battle (Saturday, July 20, 2013)
- Date: Saturday, July 20, 2013
- Location: Waugh Enterprises Harley Davidson in Orange
- Show time: noon-3pm
- Finalist bands will each perform a 15 minute set between noon-3p.
- Order of performance will be determined by a random drawing in advance of the day of the show.
- Gravatt Entertainment, Sound Engineer, will communicate with each finalist band’s listed contact, in advance, to organize all technical needs of the band and determine day of show check-in time.
- Bands will share drums, backline, and PA on the day of show, provided by Gravatt Entertainment.
- Battle of the Bands 2013 winner will be selected by an on-site panel of judges and will be announced at the conclusion of event performances.
- Event Info: